Try our delicious Home Made Pad Thai!
|Home made pad thai!|
Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- For the Sauce:
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- For Pad Thai mixture:
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles, cooked according to package directions and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cup broccoli florets, cut small
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse and set aside in a colander.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced shallot and cubed chicken and cook until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add broccoli and shredded carrots and cook an additional 3 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Push the chicken and vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour in the beaten egg into the open space created. Use a cooking spatula to scramble the egg in the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked noodles back into the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and mix well to combine.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately!
Swap in and out any in-season produce items! Additions might include spring peas, shredded cabbage or green beans.