|Baked Chicken With Plums|
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar plum jam
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 fresh plums (stoned and quartered)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet.
- Cook chicken breasts until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and remove chicken breasts to an oven-proof casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomato paste, lemon juice, soy sauce, ground ginger, brown sugar, jam, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Mix well.
- Using the same skillet as the chicken, melt the butter and sauté the onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar/jam mixture to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Scatter the plums over top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.