|Chilled Cucumber Yogurt Soup|
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- For the ice cubes:
- 6 tbsp. mint leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- For the soup:
- 6 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced (about 3 ½ cups)
- 2 ½ cup plain Greek-style strained yogurt
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 4 tbsp. chives, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Make the ice cubes:
- Divide the mint, lemon juice, and salt among 4 cubes of an ice cube tray. Top off with cold water and freeze.
- Make the soup:
- In a blender, combine the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, mint, chives, olive oil, and salt.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Portion soup into individual bowls.
- Top each with a lemon-mint ice cube.