Recipe type: Treat
For the second year in a row, our friends at The Boys and Girls Club have helped us contribute to the Buford Harvest Festival by making baked apples and baked apple kits with everything you need to complete the recipe at home. YUM.
- 1 Rome apple
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 mixture of spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar
- ¼ cup of water or apple juice
- With an adult, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Core and de-seed your apple, making sure not to pierce the bottom of the apple. Peel the skin about a half an inch around the hole you have made.
- Fill the center of your apple with the spice mixture. Top it off with the butter.
- Place the apple in a deep, oven safe dish (casserole should work). Pour the water (or cider) into the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake until soft and delicious, about 45 minutes.