|Baked Chicken Tenders|
- • 3 cups corn flakes
- • 3 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- • 1/3 cup brown sugar
- • 3 teaspoons salt
- • 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- • 1 ½ teaspoons ground all spice
- • 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 1/4 pounds chicken tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
- • 1 cup whole wheat flour
- • 6 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour corn flakes into a gallon size Ziploc bag. Seal and crush with your hands.
- Pour the bread crumbs, sugar, salt, pepper, and allspice into the bag with the corn flakes.
- Drizzle about 7 tablespoons olive oil evenly over the breading, tossing and turning it to mix the oil all through the bread crumbs and crushed-up corn flakes.
- Pour the excess oil out slowly. Place corn flake mixture in a shallow pan.
- Cut the chicken into 2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, pour the flour into another shallow pan.
- Pour the beaten eggs into another shallow bowl.
- In the following order, coat the chicken in flour, eggs and then in the special crunchy breading.
- Arrange the chicken on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook 15 minutes or until crisp and brown all over.