|Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting|
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line twelve muffin cups with foil muffin liners. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and airy. Add egg and blend until incorporated. In a separate medium bowl, mix mashed banana and milk. In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Blend banana mixture into butter, sugar and egg mixture. Add dry ingredients until blended (do not over-mix). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full. Bake muffins until tops are pale golden and tester inserted into the center comes out with melted chocolate but no crumbs, about 30 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack, cool.