- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour (can use ½ wheat and ½ all purpose)
- ¼ c butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Melt butter in microwave (20 seconds) and put in a small bowl to cool.
- Separate eggs 1.Using 2 small bowls: separate one egg at a time: whites in 1; yolks in 2 2.Dump egg white in a larger bowl; keep all egg yolks together in 2nd bowl 3.Start over with egg 2, 3 & 4
- Whisk ALL egg whites until stiff and set aside
- In the 2nd bowl: Beat egg yolks. Add sugar. Beat together well.
- Add to melted butter, milk and vanilla
- Add the above mixture to the egg yolks bowl.
- In a LARGE separate bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together
- Add the wet ingredients to dry. Mix well, but don’t overbeat.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into batter.
- Pour about 3 oz. in the middle of the heated waffle iron maker.
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar (can also use honey as a sweetener)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries (stems cut off and sliced in quarters)
- Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add the raspberries or strawberries and cook, stirring occasionally, until the syrup thickens and reduces by 3/4 in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer fruit to another bowl and, using a fork or potato masher, crush the fruit gently to form a chunky sauce.