- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 fresh baguette, sliced into 3rds, and each 3rdsliced into half lengthwise 18 fresh whole basil leaves
- 4 slicing tomatoes, sliced
- 10 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 cups balsamic, reduced
- Place bread slices on a sheet tray in a single layer. Rub each slice with raw garlic. Drizzle each slice with olive oil. Bake until golden brown, rotating halfway through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan. Turn heat to high, bring to boil and reduce to a simmer. Reduce until a syrup consistency is reached, about 45 minutes.
- Remove toasted bread slices from the oven.
- Place the tomato in one layer on one side of the bread.
- Drizzle with Balsamic glaze.
- Top with one layer of fresh mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Top with the second half of bread. Enjoy!