Adapted from Rachel Ray’s recipe, this is a crowd pleaser!
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cardamom
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons grill seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- (6) 6 ounce chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 6 whole wheat pitas
- Preheat grill to high. In a bowl combine the coriander, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, paprika and grill seasoning.
- Add juice of one lemon, garlic and about 4-5 tablespoons olive oil. Stir until the mixture is paste like.
- Slather the mixture over the chicken until it is well coated (preferably in a large Ziplock bag).
- Transfer chicken to the grill and cook on each side for 6-7 minutes, until cooked through (no pink!).
- Remove from the grill and let rest before thinly slicing.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12” skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, salt and pepper, cooking until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Place pitas on the grill to warm.
- To assemble, place sliced chicken on pita.
- Top with sautéed vegetables and Tzatziki sauce.