Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Lean, delicious spin on a Nigerian classic!
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sunbutter
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground pepper
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients except the chicken. Stir well.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Cut into large cubes.
- Toss chicken in spice mixture making sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Thread chicken evenly onto 6 skewers.
- Grill chicken, rotating half way through, until fully cooked (165 degrees).