|Creamy Broccoli, Bacon and Corn Soup|
Recipe type: Soup, Lunch, Dinner
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 head broccoli (about 1 pound), cut into bite-size florets, stalks peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup whole milk
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large pot, cook bacon over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Increase heat to medium for the large pot. Cook onion, stirring, until it begins to soften, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Add broth and potato; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer; cook until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, corn, thyme, and milk. Cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with bacon.