|Gobble Gobble Burger|
Recipe type: Main
For a fun weeknight dinner that tastes like Thanksgiving…try these turkey burgers with baked sweet potatoes/ sweet potato fries on the side.
- 1.25 pounds of lean ground turkey (1 package typically)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- ½ an onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil for pan
- Mince your onion. Use a garlic press, or mince very fine your garlic. (This is very important, sometimes lean turkey can need some extra flavor and the onion and garlic in this burger definitely provides it!)
- Heat small pan on medium-low. Add oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced onion, cook for 3 minutes or so. Add minced garlic. Turn the heat to low and continue to cook until the onions and garlic have cooked all the way through and begin to turn a caramel color, about 8 to 10 more minutes.
- While the onion and garlic are cooking. Add the turkey, cranberries and salt to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the onion mixture to the turkey mixture and stir until everything is incorporated. Fashion into patties (for a variation…make into small patties for sliders).
- Heat a grill pan or grill. Spray with cooking spray. When nice and hot, cook until there is NO PINK inside when you slice into the center. About 7-9 minutes on each side, depending on size.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce, tomato and light mayonnaise. And…gobble, gobble!