|Local Egg and Blackberry Jam-wich|
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- Blackberry Jam:
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar (can also use honey as a sweetener)
- ½ cup water
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 8 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Turkey Patty Sausage, cooked
- Goat Cheese
- Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add the blackberries and cook, stirring occasionally, until the syrup thickens and reduces by 3/4 in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer fruit to another bowl and, using a fork or potato masher, crush the fruit gently to form a chunky sauce.
- Now for the eggs…beat eggs well and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter, tilting the pan to coat the entire surface. The pan should be hot but not smoking.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook over low heat, stirring frequently with the back of a fork or wooden spoon until the eggs are soft and creamy. Remove the eggs from the heat when fully cooked but still moist.
- Now you’re ready to assemble…spread goat’s cheese on a slice of toasted whole wheat bread.
- Spread the blackberry jam on another slice of wheat bread.
- Place the scrambled eggs on top of the bread with the goat cheese.
- Place turkey sausage on top of the scrambled eggs.
- Place toasted bread with blackberry jam over top. Enjoy!