|Orange Cranberry Muffins|
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup 2%milk
- Muffin liners
- For Orange Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line the muffin tins.
- Place cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside to cool and plump.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl and using a hand held mixer, cream butter, orange zest and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture in three parts alternating with the milk in 2 parts until just combined.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cranberry/orange juice mixture.
- Fold the cranberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with orange glaze once cooled.
- Orange Glaze:
- Combine confectioner’s sugar and orange juice. Whisk/stir quickly until the glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle Glaze overtop the muffins.