|Pad Thai with Chicken|
We had the PLEASURE of one of our Cooking Matters Moms from Ready Kids offering to teach us to make Pad Thai. Alicia documented the recipe as she moved swiftly and confidently around the Kitchen. What a treat!
- • ½ package of Rice Noodles (place in a bowl, soak in water & put in refrigerator overnight)
- • 1 pound of chicken – cut into thin small pieces
- • 3 eggs, beaten
- • ½ jar Pad Thai Sauce
- • ¼ cup soy sauce
- • 2 Tablespoons of Tamarind
- • 3 Tablespoons Water
- • 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- • ¼ cup peanuts
- • 1 lemon, cut in small wedges to garnish
- Drain the soaking rice noodles in a strainer and set aside
- Place Tamarind in a small bowl. Add in 3 Tablespoons of water. Using fingers, mix together well to make a smooth paste. Set aside
- Season the cut up chicken with salt.
- Place peanuts in a small bag, seal and crush peanuts.
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook until done.
- Move cooked chicken to ½ of the pan. In the open space of the pan add in beaten eggs. Cook eggs without mixing with the chicken.
- When eggs are cooked add in the rice noodles and stir all together: eggs, noodles and chicken
- Add in soy sauce and fish sauce to the pan. Mix well.
- Add in Pad Thai Sauce and Tamarind mixture to pan. Mix well.
- Add in crushed peanuts and green onions
- Tastes…add salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy