Quick Pickles renamed by our CSA teens to be Quickles. We think it will stick…
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoons + ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 bunch fresh dill leaves, chopped or snipped
- 4 bay leaves
- 8 kirby cucumbers, cut into 1-inch slices
- Heat small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt, and garlic to the pan and cook until it begins to simmer and sugar dissolves.
- Toss the dill, bay leaf and sliced cucumbers together in a heat-proof bowl. Pour the simmering liquid over the cucumbers and stir to evenly coat. Allow to cool to room temperature or chill before serving.