It might not look like your typical Sesame Chicken at first glance (because the chicken is not deep fried and we go light on the sauce) but this is so tasty and sure to cure your Chinese food craving any day of the week!
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/8 cup of honey
1/8 cup of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional…be CAREFUL a few of these is sure to make it hot)
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Make the sauce first. Mix honey, oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- Wisk until the lumps from the cornstarch are gone. Set aside.
- Dice the chicken into small pieces.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray and cook the diced chicken all the way through- about 8 minutes. (Test a large piece by cutting in half, should not have any pink!!)
- Add the sauce to the chicken pan and cook until the sauce thickens—about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the toasted sesame seeds, stir and serve with rice or steamed asparagus.