|Summer Garden Tomato Pasta Salad|
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch basil, julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Just before you’re ready to serve, cook angel hair pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook al dente according to the directions on the package (be careful – it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!).
- Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Chef’s note: If time permits, cover the tomato mixture with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours. Then follow steps 2-5.