Adjust the amount of parsley and mint based on personal taste! Both are strong flavors for young palates.
- 2/3 cup Bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground all-spice
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (whites and greens)
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each cucumber, peeled, seeded and small dice
- Place bulgur in a heatproof bowl. Bring water to a boil and pour over bulgur. Let bulgur stand 1 hour.
- While bulgur is soaking, in a large bowl stir together scallions, salt and all-spice. Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Drain bulgur in a sieve, pressing hard to extract as much water as possible.
- Add bulgur to onion mixture stir to combine.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and cucumber. Mixing well.