Another recipe taken from our archives that the kids enjoy. It’s definitely a different take on chili with very little spiciness and the warming cinnamon mixed with savory flavors. But, trust us, it’s worth a try!
|Three Bean Chili|
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 large red onion, small dice
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup orange juice.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 cups Vegetable stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Greek Yogurt, for garnish
- 1 cup, Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, used for garnish
- Heat a large pot with extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, sauté 3 minutes more.
- Add garlic and all spices. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cook 1 minute more.
- Add orange juice. Increase heat to high, reduce juice by three-fourths.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock, pinto, cannellini and red kidney beans. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes or longer if time permits.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with Greek yogurt and shredded cheese.