Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 38 mins
- 6 pounds Roma tomatoes, seeded, small dice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 ¼ pounds fresh mozzarella, diced (about 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large bunches basil, thinly sliced
- 4 baguettes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place diced tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Add mozzarella, vinegar and salt to taste.
- Set aside in bowl and let stand at room temperature
- Place bread slices on a sheet tray in a single layer.
- Rub each slice with raw garlic.
- Drizzle each slice with olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown, rotating halfway through, about 8 minutes.
- Slice basil in thin strips just before serving. Add basil to the tomato mixture and stir well to combine.
- To assemble, place a mound of tomato mixture onto the bread slices. Drizzle with more olive oil if necessary.
- Serve immediately.