Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 frozen whole wheat pie shell (9 inches)
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch, and slices cut in half
- ¼ cup chives or scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped basil or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake pie crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 400.
- Evenly distribute tomato slices in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with chives or scallions, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine cheese and yogurt. Blend well.
- Carefully spread cheese mixture evenly over the tomatoes, making sure it covers the tomatoes completely.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until hot.
- Allow to sit for 5- 10 minutes before serving.
- Variations: Grated cheddar, parmesan or Monterey Jack