|Hearty Vegetable Soup|
Recipe type: Lunch, Soup, Dinner
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, large dice
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- (1) 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- (1) 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 quart (48 fluid ounces) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Once hot, add onions, cook 1 minute. Add carrots, cook, 1 minute, add celery.
- Cook additional 5 minutes until vegetables are slightly soft.
- Add garlic, cook 1 additional minute.
- Add potatoes, beans, diced tomatoes, dried herbs and stock.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer, uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sliced whole grain bread and a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan and cheddar if you have it!