|Zucchini Muffins with Orange Glaze|
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup mild olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded (about 1 large)
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Muffin liners
- Orange Glaze:
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk, make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, olive oil, orange zest and orange juice.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Stir brown sugar into flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in zucchini and walnuts.
- Divide batter among lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack.
- While the muffins are baking, make the glaze. Combine Confectioner’s sugar and orange juice. Whisk/stir quickly until the glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle Glaze over top the muffins once cooled.
- Remove from tins. ENJOY!