The PB&J Fund selects, analyzes and uses recipes that are affordable, nutritious and delicious. We:
- Adhere to the USDA’s MyPlate nutrition guide.
- Teach and utilize the We Can! GO, SLOW, and WHOA Foods method to classify our recipes. GO (you can eat almost anytime), SLOW (foods you should eat less often) and WHOA (foods you should only eat on special occasions).
- Advocate for small changes to build a healthier lifestyle.
- Introduce our participants to culturally diverse foods.
- Promote flexible recipes that can accommodate dietary preferences or restrictions.
- Focus on affordable recipes, most costing less than $10 to feed a family of four.
- Demonstrate how to purchase food on a budget and teach shortcuts for making healthy family dinners.
WHOA (foods you should only eat on special occasions)
SLOW (foods you should eat less often)
GO (you can eat almost anytime)